Tony Hsieh the famous American venture capitalist and a successful entrepreneur were born in Illinois and are a graduate in computer science from Harvard University. The 45 years aged gentlemen is CEO of Zappos, an internet-based shopping company specialized in shoe and clothing. Before becoming the CEO of Zappos, Tony Hsieh co-founded LinkExchange and Venture Frogs. LinkExchange was sold to Microsoft later on. He has also been awarded an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award for the Northern California region in 2007. Tony Hsieh quotes reflect his wisdom about business and life.
This successful entrepreneur has also tried his hands on writing, publishing his book in June 2010 named “Delivering Happiness”. The book is about his entrepreneurial endeavor, his book made wonders on the New York Times Best Seller List and was on the list for 27 consecutive weeks. Here are the best Tony Hsieh quotes to build your own business.
25 Tony Hsieh Quotes
1. There’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. – Tony Hsieh
2. Obviously, in those situations, we lose the sale. But we’re not trying to maximize each and every transaction. Instead, we’re trying to build a lifelong relationship with each customer, one phone call at a time. – Tony Hsieh
3. When you walk with purpose, you collide with destiny. – Tony Hsieh
4. Envision, create, and believe in your own dreams, and the universe will form around you. – Tony Hsieh
5. It starts with what customers first see when they visit our Web site. In the United States, we offer free shipping both ways to make the transaction as easy as possible and risk-free for our customers. – Tony Hsieh
6. Act weak when strong, act strong when weak. Know when to bluff. – Tony Hsieh
7. We must all learn not only to not fear change, but to embrace it enthusiastically and, perhaps even more important, encourage and drive it. – Tony Hsieh
8. You won’t know exactly what those benefits will be, but if your friendships are genuine, those benefits will magically appear 2-3 years later down the road. – Tony Hsieh
Tony Hsieh Success Principles
An amazing video created by Evan Carmichael features the success principles of Tony Hsieh. Just like Tony Hsieh quotes, these time-tested piece information, too, will contribute to the success of your business. The top 10 Tony Hsieh rules are — Chase the vision, hire the right people, let your customers do marketing for you, think long term, do thought experiments, form close bonds with your workers, have self-confidence, celebrate each person’s individuality, maximize customer experience and just be happy with what you do.
9. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem. – Tony Hsieh
10. Learn by surrounding yourself with talented players. Just because you win a hand doesn’t mean you’re good and you don’t have more learning to do. – Tony Hsieh
11. Your personal core values define who you are, and a company’s core values ultimately define the company’s character and brand. For individuals, character is destiny. For organizations, culture is destiny. – Tony Hsieh
12. Without conscious and deliberate effort, inertia always wins. – Tony Hsieh
13. I believe that there’s something interesting about anyone and everyone—you just have to figure out what that something is. – Tony Hsieh
14. We must never lose our sense of urgency in making improvements. We must never settle for good enough, because good is the enemy of great. – Tony Hsieh
15. Our philosophy has been to take most of the money we would have spent on paid advertising and invest it into customer service and the customer experience instead, letting our customers do the marketing for us through word of mouth. – Tony Hsieh
16. So there are no experts in what we’re doing. Except for us: we are becoming experts as we do this. – Tony Hsieh quotes
17. No matter what your past has been, you have a spotless future. – Tony Hsieh
18. We already treat our vendors well, but we can build up our reputation within the vendor community even more by really treating our vendors as true partners in the business. – Tony Hsieh
19. Someone broke into my car last night. Nothing worth taking, car is actually less of a mess now. I should schedule this monthly. – Tony Hsieh
20. Too many companies think of their call centers as an expense to minimize. We believe that it’s a huge untapped opportunity for most companies. – Tony Hsieh
21. My advice is to stop trying to network in the traditional business sense, and instead just try to build up the number and depth of your friendships, where the friendship itself is its own reward. – Tony Hsieh
22. It’s important to constantly challenge and stretch yourself, and not be stuck in a job where you don’t feel like you are growing or learning. – Tony Hsieh
23. As unsexy and low-tech as it may sound, our belief is that the telephone is one of the best branding devices out there. – Tony Hsieh
24. Money alone isn’t enough to bring happiness . . . happiness is when you’re actually truly ok with losing everything you have. – Tony Hsieh
25. For individuals, character is destiny. For organizations, culture is destiny. – Tony Hsieh
Which one of the Tony Hsieh quotes do you love reading the most? Share with me in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.