Albert Schweitzer was born on January 14, 1875, in Germany. His first language was Alsatian Dialect of German language but he was also fluent in French and German. Schweitzer is popularly known to be a person who bravely stood up to challenge both the secular views of Jesus and Christian view. His major contributions to this concern the role of ‘Paul’s mysticism’ and ‘Doctrine of Justification by Faith’. He was a great philosopher and he expressed his philosophy in many ways but founding and sustaining the ‘Albert Schweitzer Hospital’ in Lambarene which is now called Gabon is the most famous one. Albert Schweitzer quotes reflect his views and perspective on religion and life.
He received the Nobel Peace Prize for his philosophy of ‘Reverence for Life’ in the year 1952 and became the eighth French men to receive this honor. Here are the best Albert Schweitzer quotes to inspire your life.
1. In the hopes of reaching the moon, we fail to see the flowers that blossom at our feet. – Albert Schweitzer
2. The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives. – Albert Schweitzer
3. Only those who respect the personality of others can be of real use to them. – Albert Schweitzer
4. Man is a clever animal who behaves like an imbecile. – Albert Schweitzer
5. A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up. – Albert Schweitzer
6. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. – Albert Schweitzer
7. Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf. – – Albert Schweitzer
8. The true worth of a man is not to be found in the man himself, but in the colors and texture that come alive in others. – Albert Schweitzer
9. Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but at the same time it becomes richer and happier. – Albert Schweitzer
10. My life is my argument. – Albert Schweitzer quotes
11. Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. – Albert Schweitzer
12. Do something for somebody every day for which you do not get paid. – Albert Schweitzer
13. Serve, show compassion, and the will to help others. – Albert Schweitzer
14. Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. – Albert Schweitzer
15. Do something wonderful, people may imitate it. – Albert Schweitzer
16. It is through the idealism of youth that man catches sight of truth, and in that idealism, he possesses a wealth which he must never exchange for anything else. – Albert Schweitzer
17. My life is full of meaning to me. – Albert Schweitzer
18. The most difficult thing I have ever had to do is follow the guidance I prayed for. – Albert Schweitzer
19. Example is leadership. – Albert Schweitzer
20. A man is ethical only when life, as such, is sacred to him, that of plants and animals as that of his fellow men, and when he devotes himself helpfully to all life that is in need of help. – Albert Schweitzer
21. One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity. – Albert Schweitzer
22. The doctor of the future will be oneself. – Albert Schweitzer
23. I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. – Albert Schweitzer
24. The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live. – Albert Schweitzer
25. Because I have confidence in the power of truth, and of the spirit, I have confidence in the future of mankind. – Albert Schweitzer
26. We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness. – Albert Schweitzer
27. Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate. – Albert Schweitzer
28. A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life, which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives. – Albert Schweitzer
29. Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it’s the only thing. – Albert Schweitzer
I hope you love reading Albert Schweitzer quotes. Share with me your favorite one in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.