Amelia Mary Earhart was born on July 24, 1897, in the Kansas United States and was an American aviation pioneer and author. Earhart is regarded as the first ever female aviator who flew solo to the Atlantic Ocean. For such a huge accomplishment she also received the United States Distinguished Flying Cross, which was a huge honor at that time and became the first lady to receive that. She also set various uncountable records throughout her aviation career and wrote many books describing her experiences of flying and aviation. Most of the Amelia Earhart quotes have taken either from her works or speeches she had delivered.
Amelia founded an organization ‘Ninety-Nines’ for the female pilots and taught them through her experiences. In 1937, she disappeared while making an attempt for a circumnavigational flight of the globe and was declared dead on January 5, 1939, after two years of search. Here are the best Amelia Earhart quotes to empower your life.
1. You know the more one does the more one can do. – Amelia Earhart
2. In soloing – as in other activities – it is far easier to start something than it is to finish it. – Amelia Earhart
3. The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune. – Amelia Earhart
4. I hope that such equality could be carried out in other fields so that men and women may achieve equally in any endeavor they set out. – Amelia Earhart
5. I have a feeling there is just about one more good flight left in my system and I hope this trip is it. – Amelia Earhart
6.The soul’s dominion? Each time we make a choice, we pay with the courage to behold restless day and count it fair. – Amelia Earhart
7. The most effective way to do it is to do it. – Amelia Earhart
8. Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do. – Amelia Earhart
9. I wasn’t brave, I just didn’t have time to be scared. – Amelia Earhart
10. Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense. – Amelia Earhart quotes
11. No kind of action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. – Amelia Earhart
12.I always believed the lure of flying is the lure of beauty, but I was sure of it that night. – Amelia Earhart
13. I did for the fun of it. – Amelia Earhart
14. You haven’t seen a tree until you’ve seen its shadow from the sky. – Amelia Earhart
15. Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats. But, they also get more notoriety when they crash. – Amelia Earhart
16. Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization. – Amelia Earhart
17. Decide…whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying… – Amelia Earhart
18. Flying may not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price. – Amelia Earhart
19. Everyone has oceans to fly, if they have the heart to do it. Is it reckless? Maybe. But what do dreams know of boundaries? – Amelia Earhart
20. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. – Amelia Earhart
21. Preparation, I have often said, is rightly two-thirds of any venture. – Amelia Earhart
22. Being alone is scary, but not as scary as feeling alone in a relationship. – Amelia Earhart
23. I want to do something useful in the world. – Amelia Earhart
24. There’s more to life than being a passenger. – Amelia Earhart
25. To worry is to add another hazard. – Amelia Earhart
26. Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace, the soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things. – Amelia Earhart
Which one of the Amelia Earhart Quotes do you love reading the most? Share with me in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.