Dr. Brené Brown is a world-renowned author, speaker and a research professor at the University Of Houston Graduate College Of Social Work. Brene Brown quotes and ideas have inspired millions of people around the world. Born on 18th November 1965in Texas she was always inclined towards studies. Some of her most known works include I Thought It Was Just Me and Connections: A Psychoeducational Shame Resilience Curriculum. She rose her way to fame with his number one New York Times bestselling novels Rising Strong, Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection.
The founder and CEO of an online learning community by the name The Daring Way and COURAGE offer some workshops for a braver way of living and leading life. Her The Power of Vulnerability which is the TEDx Houston talk in the year 2010 has over 25 million views and is amongst the top five viewed Ted Talks in the world. Here are some of the best Brene Brown Quotes to inspire your life.
1. The vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change. – Brene Brown
2. What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude. – Brene Brown
3. Joy is as thorny and sharp as any of the dark emotions. To love someone fiercely, to believe in something with your whole heart, to celebrate a fleeting moment in time, to fully engage in a life that doesn’t come with guarantees—these are the risks that involve vulnerability and often pain. – Brene Brown
4. You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. – Brene Brown
5. Faith is a place of mystery, where we find the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear of uncertainty. – Brene Brown
6. What we know matters but who we are matters more. – Brene Brown
7. The irony is that we attempt to disown our difficult stories to appear more whole or more acceptable, but our wholeness—even our whole-heartedness—actually depends on the integration of all of our experiences, including the falls.– Brene Brown
8. I thought faith would say, ‘I’ll take away the pain and discomfort,’ but what it ended up saying was, ‘I’ll sit with you in it.’ – Brene Brown
9. Healthy striving is self-focused: “How can I improve?” Perfectionism is other-focused: “What will they think? – Brene Brown
10. Those who have a strong sense of love and belonging have the courage to be imperfect. – Brene Brown quotes
11. Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light. – Brene Brown
12. If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief. – Brene Brown
13. Joy comes to us in ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary. – Brene Brown
14. Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others. – Brene Brown
15. Staying vulnerable is a risk we have to take if we want to experience connection. – Brene Brown
16. As it turns out, we can’t practice compassion with other people if we can’t treat ourselves kindly. – Brene Brown
17. If we share our shame story with the wrong person, they can easily become one more piece of flying debris in an already dangerous storm. – Brene Brown
18. Shame hates it when we reach out and tell our story. It hates having words wrapped around it—it can’t survive being shared. Shame loves secrecy. When we bury our story, the shame metastasizes. – Brene Brown
19. Empathy has no script. There is no right way or wrong way to do it. It’s simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of ‘You’re not alone.’ – Brene Brown
20. We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions. – Brene Brown
21. Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen. – Brene Brown
22. Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together. – Brene Brown
23. Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen. – Brene Brown
24. We run from grief because loss scares us, yet our hearts reach toward grief because the broken parts want to mend. – Brene Brown
25. Courage is contagious. A critical mass of brave leaders is the foundation of an intentionally courageous culture. Every time we are brave with our lives, we make the people around us a little braver and our organizations bolder and stronger. – Brene Brown
26. When we work from a place, I believe, that says ‘I’m enough,’ then we stop screaming and start listening, we’re kinder and gentler to the people around us, and we’re kinder and gentler to ourselves. – Brene Brown
27. Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are. – Brene Brown
Which one of the Brene Brown quotes has inspired you the most? Share your views in the comment section below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.