Carlson Gracie was a Brazilian nationalist, born on August 13, 1932, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He was the oldest son of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Initially, his life was filled with turmoil, with family feuds but he succeeded well with his carrier. Carlson was an interpreter of Brazilian jiu-jitsu and a well-known Brazilian martial artist. He was a pioneer in mixed martial arts, founding one of the most successful teams of the era. Gracie, one of the finest Jiu Jitsu coaches that was ever lived has fought a total of eighteen vale tudo fights with the victory in almost every fight. In 1953, he fought his first fight against capoeira practitioner Luiz “Cirandinha” Aguiar, apprentice of Mestre Sinhozinho and he succeeded. He died on February 1, 2006, in Chicago. Here are the best Carlson Gracie Quotes to inspire your life.
14 Carlson Gracie Quotes
1. If it were not for me, the Gracies would be selling Bananas in Largo do Machado! – Carlson Gracie
2. If your opponent is tapping, your technique is good. If he is not tapping, your technique sucks. – Carlson Gracie
3. There is no reward without sacrifice. – Carlson Gracie
4. Be too big to feel unrest, too noble to feel anger, too strong to feel fear, and too happy to tumble in adversity. – Carlson Gracie
5. Never hesitate when a challenge comes. Just do it. – Carlson Gracie
6. Never give up, you have to resist to the utmost. ‘Til you drop, like a Samurai. – Carlson Gracie
7. There is no losing in jiu jitsu. You either win or you learn. – Carlson Gracie
8. If you want to be a champion, remember this: Lions walk with lions, hyenas with hyenas and elephants with elephants. They don’t walk together. – Carlson Gracie
9. The best way to get a move to work is to make it so uncomfortable that the opponent gives it to you to stop the pain. – Carlson Gracie
10. If you want to be a lion, you must train with lions. – Carlson Gracie
11. If you cannot win, make the enemy pay a steep price for victory. – Carlson Gracie
12. Always enter like a kitten and leave like a lion. But never enter like a lion and leave like a kitten. Always be humble. – Carlson Gracie
13. You should be a missile and go and destroy your opponent. – Carlson Gracie
14. Jiu Jitsu is all one thing; it is all the same, however I am a very dedicated and studious person. I am always inventing new positions, evolving old ones. I research positions and with repetition and observation I improve on them. Because everything in the world changes and progresses, so I try to do that with Jiu-Jitsu. – Carlson Gracie
Which one of the Carlson Gracie quotes do you enjoy reading the most? Comment below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.