Charles Wade Barkley is an American retired and very popular Professional Basketball player. He is currently an Analyst on ‘Inside The NBA’. Charles Barkley Net Worth is estimated at $40 Million.
Also Read: DJ Khaled Net Worth Is $35 Million
Charles Barkley Net Worth And Career
Barkley is given various nicknames like ‘Chuck’, ‘Sir Charles’, ‘The Round Mound of Rebound’ etc. He has established himself as one of the most dominant power forwarders of the National Basketball Association. He was drafted as a junior by the Philadelphia 76ers and was the 5th pick of the 1984 NBA draft.
Barkley is known to get selected to the All-NBA First Team for five times, the All-NBA Second Team for five times and the All-NBA Third Team for one time.
He was very popular among the fans and media and he made the NBA’s All-Interview Team for all his last 13 seasons. After the time he has retired from the team, Barkey has had a successful career as an NBA television analyst. He works with TNT alongside Kenny Smith, Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal.
Also Read: Demi Lovato Net Worth Is $33 Million
Charles Barkley Early Life
Charles Barkley or Chuck was born on February 20, 1963, in Leeds, Alabama. He attended the Leeds High School and as a junior, he was 5 ft. 10 inches long (1.78 m) and he weighed 220 pounds or 100 kgs. He got failed to make it to the varsity team and there was named as a reserve due to his ineligibility because of the height and weight.
However, later Barkley grew and reached a height of 6 ft. 4 inches (1.93 m) and then earned a starting position on the varsity as a senior. His average was 19.2 points and 17.9 rebounds per game during that phase and he led his team to a win with 26-3 score points reaching the State semifinals.
Before this, despite all his hard work and improvements, Barkley was not recognized. But this time he scored 26 points for his team and thus managed to gain the attention of a lot of people.
Also Read: David Dobrik Net Worth Is $7 Million
Charles Barkley Quotes
1. I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I’d work for the Klan. – Charles Barkley
2. We had black guys who sucked. That’s hard to do. The Sixers were the only organization in the NBA who could find black guys who couldn’t play. – Charles Barkley
3. After retiring from basketball “I’m just what America needs – another unemployed black man. – Charles Barkley
4. I had to explain to my daughter why that skank Monica Lewinski has an hour special on HBO this weekend. – Charles Barkley
5. If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she’s ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can’t play a lick. Same thing. – Charles Barkley
6. These are my new shoes. They’re good shoes. They won’t make you rich like me, they won’t make you rebound like me, they definitely won’t make you handsome like me. They’ll only make you have shoes like me. That’s it. – Charles Barkley
7. Maybe I’m old school, but I’m never going to like that little girly basketball where you have to outscore people. I’m biased against girl basketball. – Charles Barkley
8. I’d never buy my girl a watch… she’s already got a clock over the stove. – Charles Barkley
9. Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they’re still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn’t do much for them. – Charles Barkley
10. Somebody hits me, I’m going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn’t eaten in a couple weeks. I thought he was going to pull a spear on me. – Charles Barkley
I hope you enjoy reading the post. Did I miss mentioning something about Charles Barkley? Let me know in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.