Dana Frederick White Jr. is an American business tycoon. He is the current President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). UFC is the largest mixed martial arts (MMA) organization of the world and under the leadership of White, the organization has seen significant growth and has grown into a globally popular enterprise that holds a net worth of a multibillion-dollar. Dana White Net Worth Is Calculated at $500 Million.
Dana White Net Worth And Career
White was earlier a manager for Tito Oritz and Chuck Liddell. While working as a manager, he once met Bob Meyerowitz, who is the owner of Semaphore Entertainment Group, which is the parent company to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. After meeting him, he got to know that Bob was planning to sell the UFC and he immediately asked his childhood friend Lorenzo Fertitta if he was interested in acquiring the company. Lorenzo acquired the company and installed White as the President. At that time, While owned 9% shares of the company.
Dana White Early Life
Dana Frederick White Jr. was born on July 28, 1969, in Manchester of Connecticut of the United States. He was the son of June White and Dana White Sr. In 1987, White got graduated from Hermon High School which is located in Maine. For the majority of his childhood, he and his sister Kelly White were raised by his mother.
At the age of 17, White started boxing and the first time that he entered any boxing scene was when he was given a part in helping to promote the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor, which was a mega fight held at that time.
In 2011, June, White’s mother wrote a biography ‘Dana White, King Of MMA: Dana White An Unauthorized Biography’, which she dedicated to his son’s journey. She called his son ‘egotistical, self-centered, arrogant and cruel in one of her interviews while she was promoting the book.
Dana White Quotes
1. The reality is this: Fighting isn’t a team sport; it’s an individual’s sport.
2. I love to win.
3. I think you take whatever it is that you would do for free and you figure out the way to do it.
4. Let me tell you what, the reality is better than any script you could ever write.
5. The thing where I’ve always been lucky is, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
6. I’m a guy who did exactly what he wanted to do. When you do that, the money follows.
7. You can’t force fighters to fight.
8. Boxing is very one dimensional. You can hit to the head, you can hit to the body. As soon as two guys get into a clinch, you’re separated.
9. My legacy to me is when I drop dead and they’re at my funeral – I want my three kids to get up and say, ‘He’s an awesome dad’.
10. Whatever it is that you’re passionate about, whatever it is that you absolutely love, and whatever it is that you would get up out of bed every day and do for free, you should try to figure out a way to make money at it and give it a shot.
11. A lot of times, kids go to college and take a major because they do what they think they’re supposed to do. I told them I believe 90 percent of America gets up in the morning and drives to a job they hate. That could have happened to me in the hotel industry.
12. We’re all entitled to make mistakes. I’m not one of these guys where if you make a mistake, I’m gonna try to tear your life down and burn it to the ground.
I hope you enjoy reading the post. Share with me an interesting fact about Dana White in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.