Don Rickles was one of the most famous stand-up comedians that got his recognition not with his jokes, but by the way he made fun of his audience. Don Rickles quotes have always been famous for their sarcasm. The legendary comedian was born on May 8, 1926, in Queens, New York City. His public roles in movies included Clark Gable and Kelly’s Heroes. Don Rickles was also welcomed as a guest on some talks shows that added to his popularity.
Comedian’s shockingly sarcastic comments on how people looked, their background, work, and partner was something unique to his performance. He could make fun of anything that he was able to think of. His courage of non- discrimination and making fun of some of the biggest celebrities or ordinary people left people in smiles. His mocking talent earned him the nickname “Mr. Warmth.” He passed away at the age of ninety on 6 April, 201 in his home in Los Angeles. Here are the best Don Rickles Quotes that will make your day cheerful.
Don Rickles on Business
1. Show business is my life. When I was a kid I sold insurance, but nobody laughed. – Don Rickles
2. Is that your wife, sir? … What was it, a train? – Don Rickles
3. No matter where you go in this world, you will always find a Jew sitting in the beach chair next to you. – Don Rickles
4. I don’t have regrets. I’ve never sat here and thought, Gee, if only I’d done The Man Who Came to Dinner on Broadway, I would have been happier. – Don Rickles
5. I’ve got an accountant who’s been with me forty years. If he makes a mistake, he dies. – Don Rickles
6. I always rib people, but nobody ever gives me a hard time. I don’t know why. Maybe they’re afraid of what I might say. There’s probably a lesson in that somewhere, but I don’t know what it is. – Don Rickles
Don Rickles Life Quotes
7. Struggling is hard because you never know what’s at the end of the tunnel. – Don Rickles
8. It’s tough having the last name Rickles. Luckily, my kids handled it great. – Don Rickles
9. Hollywood has changed. It’s not glamorous like the old days. Last time my wife and I went down there to go to the movies, we got car-jacked by a guy with a .357 Magnum. – Don Rickles
10. Sex is great, but when you get to be my age, you’ve got to pace it a little bit. Otherwise, you get tired. – Don Rickles
11. Oh, there’s the black guy from ‘The Unit’… now he works for Allstate. – Don Rickles
12. Who picks your clothes – Stevie Wonder? – Don Rickles
13. People think being in your seventies means sitting around in a chair with a blanket over your legs, drooling. – Don Rickles
14. The thing I love about Vegas is that it’s a melting pot. It’s like working Ellis Island. – Don Rickles
Don Rickles Quotes On Government And Politics
15. Remember when you were governor and you used to walk over to my table? Now you’re big and you’re getting on my nerves? – Don Rickles
16. You are a politician. Black, white, Jew, gentile, we’re all working for one cause: to figure out how you became governor. – Don Rickles
17. Eddie Fisher married to Elizabeth Taylor is like me trying to wash the Empire State Building with a bar of soap. – Don Rickles
18. You got a smart she-she crowd here. Look they’re all in their underwear. – Don Rickles quotes
19. The old days were the old days. And they were great days. But now is now. – Don Rickles
20. Clint’s idea of a good time is sitting on a pickup truck watching his dog bark. – Don Rickles quotes
Don Rickles Funny Quotes
Here is the compilation of Don Rickles funny jokes and quotes that have made him one of the wittiest comedians ever walked through the planet. “Getting roasted by Don Rickles is an honor,” the oft-quoted words of Don Rickle’s fans.
21. Room service is great if you want to pay $500 for a club sandwich. – Don Rickles
22. You can’t study comedy; it’s within you. It’s a personality. My humor is an attitude. – Don Rickles
23. I used to play golf. I wanted to be a better player, but after a while, I realized I’d always stink. And that’s when I really started to enjoy the game. – Don Rickles
24. Those were the days when albums were big. And now that’s over with, and I’m on this. – Don Rickles
25. I can sit all day in a comfortable chair and watch ball games, but I don’t need a blanket. – Don Rickles
26. Some people say funny things, but I say things funny. – Don Rickles
27. An insult comic is a title I was given. What I do is an exaggeration. I make fun of people, at life, of myself and my surroundings. – Don Rickles
Hope you love reading Don Rickles Quotes. Let me know your favorite quote in the comments section below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.