Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor was born on February 27, 1932, in London, England. She was a British American actress, businesswoman and humanitarian who began her career in the 1940s. She became one of the most popular actresses of Hollywood in the 1950s. She made her debut in 1942 through a film called ‘There’s One Born Every Minute’, which was offered to her by Universal Pictures. But after the released the Universal Pictures terminated her and then she signed a contract with Metro Goldwyn-Mayer. After this, she had a record-breaking release called ‘National Velvet’ in 1944 and became the most popular teenage star. And Elizabeth Taylor quotes and ideas have gained the attention they deserved.
She continued her career successfully throughout and won various prestigious awards for her performances. She was named the seventh greatest female legend in 1999 by the American Film Institute. Here are the best Elizabeth Taylor quotes to make your day awesome.
1. Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses. – Elizabeth Taylor
2. Success is a great deodorant. It takes away all your past smells. – Elizabeth Taylor
3. The ups and downs, the problems and stress, along with all the happiness, have given me optimism and hope because I am living proof of survival. – Elizabeth Taylor
4. There’s still so much more to do. I can’t sit back and be complacent, and none of us should be. I get around now in a wheelchair, but I get around. – Elizabeth Taylor
5. John Wayne is as tough as an old nut and as soft as a yellow ribbon. – Elizabeth Taylor
6. I’ve come through things that would have felled an ox. That fills me with optimism, not just for myself but for our particular species. – Elizabeth Taylor
7. I have the emotions of a child in the body of a woman. I was rushed into womanhood for the movies. It caused me long moments of unhappiness and doubt. – Elizabeth Taylor
8. I will love Michael Jackson forever. – Elizabeth Taylor
9. Clark Gable was the epitome of the movie star — so romantic, such bearing, such friendliness. – Elizabeth Taylor
10. When you’re fat, the world is divided into two groups – people who bug you and people who leave you alone. The funny thing is, supporters and saboteurs exist in either camp. – Elizabeth Taylor
11. One problem with people who have no vices is that they’re pretty sure to have some annoying virtues. – Elizabeth Taylor
12. Acting is, to me now, artificial. Seeing people suffer is real. It couldn’t be more real. Some people don’t like to look at it in the face because it’s painful. But if nobody does, then nothing gets done. – Elizabeth Taylor
13. I don’t pretend to be an ordinary housewife. – Elizabeth Taylor
14. If not to make the world better, what is money for? – Elizabeth Taylor quotes
15. You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal. – Elizabeth Taylor
16. My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked. – Elizabeth Taylor
Enjoy Reading The Post? Subscribe To The Weekly Newsletter To Get Motivation Directly In Your Inbox
17. I hate being called “Liz”, because it can sound like such a hiss. – Elizabeth Taylor
18. I had a hollow leg. I could drink everyone under the table and not get drunk. My capacity was terrifying. – Elizabeth Taylor
19. The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they’re going to have some pretty annoying virtues. – Elizabeth Taylor
20. Michael Jackson is a part of my heart. We would do anything for each other. – Elizabeth Taylor
21. I don’t remember much about “Cleopatra”. There were a lot of other things going on. – Elizabeth Taylor
22. I believe in mind over matter and doing anything you set your mind on. – Elizabeth Taylor
23. I, along with the critics, have never taken myself very seriously. – Elizabeth Taylor
24. I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me. – Elizabeth Taylor
25. If someone’s dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I’m certainly not dumb enough to turn it down. – Elizabeth Taylor
I hope you like reading Elizabeth Taylor quotes. Which one of the quotes do you enjoy reading the most? Share with me in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.