Ellen DeGeneres is a very popular and loved American comedian, television host, actress, writer, producer and LGBT activist. She is most popularly known for her syndicated TB Talk show ‘The Ellen Show’ which she has been hosting since 2003. She is also known was starring in a popular Sitcom ‘Ellen’ from 1994 to 1998. Ellen DeGeneres Net Worth is estimated at $450 million.
Also Read: Chris Brown Net Worth Is $50 Million
Ellen DeGeneres Net Worth And Career
She started her stand-up career in the 1980s and in 1986 she appeared on ‘The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson’. She also worked in various movies like ‘Mr Wrong’, ‘EDtv’ and ‘The Love Letter’. She became the first actress to receive a Saturn Award for a voice performance for the animated film ‘Nemo’. In the ninth season of the American Idol, she was appointed as the judge. Her comedy influences are Woody Allen, Steve Martin, Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett and Bob Newhart.
She has won 30 Emmy Awards, 20 People’s Choice Awards and many others till date. In 2016, she received ‘The Honourable Presidential Medal of Freedom’.
Also Read: DJ Khaled Net Worth Is $35 Million
Ellen DeGeneres Early Life
Ellen DeGeneres was born on January 26, 1958, in Metairie, Louisiana of the United States. Her father Elliott DeGeneres was an insurance agent and her mother Elizabeth Jane was a speech therapist. She has a brother named Vance.
Ellen is of French, English, German and Irish ancestry and she was a raised as a Christian Scientist. Ellen’s parents filed for the separation in the year 1973, and the following year they got divorced after which she moved to Atlanta, Texas with her mother while her brother stayed with the father.
In 1997, DeGeneres came out publicly as a lesbian and this disclosure sparked an intense interest by the media. Since the year 2004, Ellen was in a relationship with Portia De Rossi and after the overturning of same-sex marriage, they got married in August 2008 at their home in California. Portia De Rossi changed her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres in September 2010.
Also Read: Gucci Mane Net Worth Is $12 Million
Ellen DeGeneres Quotes
Here are the top 10 quotes from the list of 31 Amazing Ellen Degeneres Quotes To Make Your Day Awesome.
1. I think they should have a Barbie with a buzz cut. – Ellen DeGeneres
2. I don’t understand the sizes anymore. There’s a size zero, which I didn’t even know that they had. It must stand for: Oh my God, you’re thin. – Ellen DeGeneres
3. I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it’s such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her. – Ellen DeGeneres
Enjoy Reading The Post? Subscribe To The Weekly Newsletter To Get Motivation Directly In Your Inbox
4. Sometimes you can’t see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others. – Ellen DeGeneres
5. Nothing says holidays, like a cheese log. – Ellen DeGeneres
6. If someone says you’re weird, say Thank You. – Ellen DeGeneres
7. You are never too old to play. You are only too old for low-rise jeans. – Ellen DeGeneres
8. I’m a godmother, that’s a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that’s cute, I taught her that. – Ellen DeGeneres
I hope you enjoy reading the post. What interesting fact do you know about the life of Ellen DeGeneres. Comment below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.