Regarded as one of the greatest poets of America, Emily Dickinson was born on December 10 in the year 1830, in Amherst, Massachusetts. She is also known for her extraordinary life of a freewill social isolation. Emily Dickinson quotes reflect the way he lived in solitude. Even after living a life of solitude and minimalism her poetry represented immense power.
Her poetry raised questions on fatality and perpetuity. Her unusual way of life formed an aura that was glamorized and was a source of curiosity and speculation among people. But eventually, She is lovingly remembered for Emily Dickinson quotes and her exceptional poetry. She was able to articulate ideas that were far-reaching in small phrases.
Amongst contradictions and ambiguity, her poetry had a strong capacity to inspire and evoke. Even after being a prolific writer only a handful of her poem from 1800 she wrote got published in her lifetime. Her poetry critics that consistently pointed on the irregularities in approach and structure were not able to deny the innate influence of her poems, and this elucidates the lasting popularity of her personality and Emily Dickinson quotes.
1. Truth is so rare, it is delightful to tell it. – Emily Dickinson
2. Time is a test of trouble but not a remedy. If such it prove, it prove too there was no malady.– Emily Dickinson
3. That it will never come again is what makes life sweet. Dwell in possibility.. – Emily Dickinson
4. I am nobody! Who are you? Are you a nobody, too? – Emily Dickinson
5. A wounded deer leaps the highest. – Emily Dickinson
6. We never know how high we are till we are called to rise. Then if we are true to form our statures touch the skies. – Emily Dickinson
7. If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. – Emily Dickinson
8. I like a look of agony because I know it’s true. – Emily Dickinson
9. Anger as soon as fed is dead. It is starving makes it fat. – Emily Dickinson
10. To hope means to be ready at every moment for that which is not yet born, and yet not become desperate if there is no birth in our lifetime. – Emily Dickinson
11. The heart wants what it wants or else it does not care. – Emily Dickinson
12. We turn not older with years but newer every day. – Emily Dickinson
13. I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine. – Emily Dickinson
14. Success is counted sweetest by those who ne’er succeed. – Emily Dickinson
15. I am out with lanterns, looking for myself. – Emily Dickinson
16. Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them. – Emily Dickinson
17. Forever is composed of nows. – Emily Dickinson
18. The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. – Emily Dickinson
19. A word is dead when it is said. Some say. I say it just begins to live that day. – Emily Dickinson
20. Behavior is what a man does, not what he thinks, feels, or believes. – Emily Dickinson
21. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. – Emily Dickinson
22. Saying nothing sometimes says the most. – Emily Dickinson
23. Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell. – Emily Dickinson
24. I tasted life. – Emily Dickinson
25. Those who have not found the heaven below, will fail of it above. – Emily Dickinson
26. How frugal is the chariot that bears a human soul. – Emily Dickinson
27. The dearest ones of time, the strongest friends of the soul – Books. – Emily Dickinson
28. Heart, we will forget him, You and I, tonight! You must forget the warmth he gave, I will forget the light. – Emily Dickinson
29. I must go in, the fog is rising. – Emily Dickinson
30. Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. – Emily Dickinson
Hope you enjoy reading Emily Dickinson Quotes. Let me know your favorite one in the comments section below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.