Francine Jay is a minimalist, writer, an inspirational speaker, and a blogger. For her, being a minimalist is not only about all the white walls and the empty spaces but it is about eliminating the distractions that keep us at a distance from appreciating our lives. According to her, ‘if we focus on keeping lesser stuff in our home, we can devote more of our energy to all the things that are actually important in our lives’. The same philosophy is reflected in every Francine Jay quotes.
She has a goal to reach a point in her life where she can hear her inner soul saying yes, ‘This is just enough’ and she wants nothing more than that in her life. She is the author and self-publisher of the famous book ‘The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How To Declutter, Organize and Simplify Your Life’. Here are the best Francine Jay quotes to help you live a minimalist lifestyle.
1. Anything you use often, and which truly adds value to your life, is a welcome part of a minimalist household. – Francine Jay
2. Most importantly, by not buying, we redefine ourselves: by what we do, what we think, and who we love, rather than what we have. And in the process, we rediscover the meaning in our lives. – Francine Jay
3. At some point I realized that I wasn’t organizing my life; I was organizing my clutter. – Francine Jay
4. In pursuing a minimalist lifestyle, we need to resist the temptation to recreate the outside world within our abodes. – Francine Jay
5. He who knows he has enough is rich. – Francine Jay
6. Surfaces are not for storage. Rather, surfaces are for activity, and should be kept clear at all other times. – Francine Jay
7. Advertisers, marketers, and corporations will do everything in their power to make you want more. But to be richer, happier, and freer, all you need to do is want less. – Francine Jay
8. The only wealth which you will keep forever is the wealth you have given away. – Francine Jay
9. If a certain item is really that special, display it proudly in the house; it’s not proving anything to anyone stashed away in the basement. – Francine Jay
10. Remember, your stuff is not a record of your life – you are. – Francine Jay
11. Remember, space is of equal value to things (or greater, depending on your perspective.) – Francine Jay
12. Want less. Advertisers, marketers, and corporations will do everything in their power to make you want more. But to be richer, happier, and freer, all you need to do is want less. – Francine Jay
13. Remember: you are not what you own. Storing all those books doesn’t make you any smarter; it just makes your life more cluttered. – Francine Jay
14. Your home is living space, not storage space. – Francine Jay
15. We are not what we own; we are what we do, what we think and who we love. – Francine Jay
16. My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do. – Francine Jay
17. Since my house burnt down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. – Francine Jay
18. Decluttering is infinitely easier when you think of it as deciding what to keep, rather than deciding what to throw away. – Francine Jay
19. The problem: we put more value on our stuff than on our space. – Francine Jay
20. But to be richer, happier, and freer, all you need to do is want less. – Francine Jay
21. Is it really worth the environmental consequences of sending a mango, or a mini skirt, on a three-thousand-mile journey? – Francine Jay
Which one of the Francine Jay Quotes do you love reading the most? Let me know in the comments below.