Frank Underwood, one of the trending fictional characters and the protagonist of the American adaptation of House of Cards, playing the President of the United States and portrayed by Kevin Spacey. After the success of House of Cards, Frank Underwood quotes have gained much popularity.
He is depicted as a merciless politician, who rises from House Majority Whip to President of the United States through various deceits, deception and murder. He is based on Francis Urquhart, the protagonist of the British novel and television series of the same name. He is shown, not just as a husband (of Claire Underwood), but also, as having a sexual relationship with Zoe Barnes from the beginning of the seasons. This post contains Frank Underwood Quotes from the roles he played at different intervals.
Francis J. Underwood made his first appearance in 2013 in the series’ pilot episode, through “Chapter 1” and still continuing its magic after 6 seasons (2017), with the latest version being, an unofficial short film titled Let Me Be Frank, added to his YouTube channel recently in 2018. Here are the best Frank Underwood quote that every House of Cards must read.
25 Frank Underwood Quotes
1. I hope she comes out of her tree before I have to bring out my axe. – Frank Underwood
2. I will not allow you to become dangerous. – Frank Underwood
3. Jackie Sharp- What you’re telling me to do is just shy of treason. Frank Underwood – Just shy, which is politics. – Frank Underwood
Frank Underwood On Common Sense
4. The only problem with common sense is that it’s so common. – Frank Underwood
5. A great man once said everything is about sex, except sex is about power. – Frank Underwood
6. Conscience has an unmistakable stink to it — kind of like onions and morning breath. But a lie stinks even more when its coming from someone who isn’t used to lying — its more like rotten eggs and horse shit. – Frank Underwood– Frank Underwood
7. From this moment on, you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you. – Frank Underwood
8. I just happen to be white trash that lives in the White House. – Frank Underwood quotes
9. Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn’t see the difference. – Frank Underwood
Best of Frank Underwood Lessons
Here are some of the best lessons from the ever best fictional politician from season two that you don’t want to skip watching.
10. The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly. – Frank Underwood
11. For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted. – Frank Underwood
12. The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. – Frank Underwood
13. Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it. – Frank Underwood
14. Friends make the worst enemies. – Frank Underwood
15. Power is a lot like real estate. Its all about location, location, location. The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value. – Frank Underwood
16. First, you must learn to pull an oar. Only then can you take the helm. – Frank Underwood
17. Democracy is so overrated. – Frank Underwood
18. To improve is to change, to perfect is to change often. – Frank Underwood
19. There’s no better way to overpower a trickle of doubt than with a flood of naked truth. – Frank Underwood
20. You keep track of all of her movements – visitors, names, times, the color of their shit and how much it stinks. – Frank Underwood
21. Politics is no longer theater, its show business. So let’s put on the best show in town. – Frank Underwood
22. I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood. – Frank Underwood
23. I’ve always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs. – Frank Underwood
24. There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong, or useless pain. The sort of pain that’s only suffering. I have no patience for useless things. – Frank Underwood
25. The nature of promises, Linda, is that they remain immune to changing circumstances. – Frank Underwood
Want to add more Frank Underwood Quotes? Share with me in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.