Gene Simmons started his musical journey with his own band named ‘lynx’ at his teenage. In those early days Gene used to play guitar for hours after hours. He later said that The Beatles influenced his career greatly. During his early musical career period, Gene Simmons also worked in odd jobs just to make more money. Through might and main, Gene Simmons has achieved a Net Worth of $300 Million today.
Gene Simmons Net Worth And Career
He formed the rock band Wicked Lester in early 1970s. They recorded an album but could never release that.
This incident leads Simmons to fire the band members. In this situation, Simmons left the band and decided to form an ultimate rock band which resulted into the legendary album “KISS”, released in February 1974. They have created a huge fanbase with their legendary works. The same has led Gene Simmons to build an extraordinary wealth and net worth.
In 1998, Psycho Circus was released and got famous within a short period of time. In their band, Kiss, the lead vocal duties are divided between the rhythm guitarist Paul Stanley and Simmons.
Gene Simmons Early Life
Gene Klein, later known as Gene Simmons, born on 25th Aug; 1949 is an Israeli-American musician, singer, record producer, television personality, entrepreneur, actor, author, and a songwriter, as well.
He belonged from a ‘dirt poor’ family by birth and started his childhood in Tirat Carmel. At the age of 7, he started selling wild fruits at roadside markets with one of his friends. Next year, he was migrated to New York City with his mother.
Here he changed his name and took his mother’s last name, Simmons, which he got famous on. In New York, he studied in Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake. But his father remained back in Israel, Simmons’ homeland with his one other son and three daughters.
Before being engaged in his musical career, he passed through various jobs in the city. He worked as an assistant of an editor of a fashion mag. He had also worked as a sixth-grade instructor on the Upper West Side.
Gene Simmons Quotes
Needless to say, Gene Simmons net worth is the product of his ideology and commitments he made with himself. And his ideas and perspective about life is reflected in each one of the following quotes.
1. Believe me, the library is the temple of God. Education is the most sacred religion of all. – Gene Simmons
2. You can’t go through life and leave things the way they are. We can all make a difference, and if I die today, I know I made a difference. – Gene Simmons
3. You know why I’m pulling your leg? Because I can’t touch it from where I am. – Gene Simmons
4. I was never interested in being a rock star. I always wanted to be Boris Karloff. – Gene Simmons
5. I don’t wait for the calendar to figure out when I should live life. – Gene Simmons
6. Rock is about finding who you are. You don’t necessarily have to play your instrument very well at all. You can just barely get by and you can be in a rock band. – Gene Simmons
7. Never negotiate with kids. They don’t have life experience, and they don’t have repercussions for bad decisions; they still get fed and housed. – Gene Simmons
8. Walk amongst the natives by day, but in your heart be Superman. – Gene Simmons
9. My mother had a horrific life. At fourteen, she was in the Nazi concentration camps. Her sense about life now is, every day above ground is a good day. – Gene Simmons
10. Music is feeling. You can try to verbalize it. It really just hits you or it doesn’t. – Gene Simmons
11. Live and think like a poor man and you’ll always be OK. – Gene Simmons
12. The makeup is simply an extension of the personality and colors, clothing, makeup all express something. – Gene Simmons
13. The root of all evil isn’t money; rather, it’s not having enough money. – Gene Simmons
14. I’m forbidden fruit. Once you go to certain households, mommy doesn’t want you to see that dirty man who sticks his tongue out and spits out blood and all that stuff. – Gene Simmons
15. Men want success and sex. Women want everything. – Gene Simmons
16. I voted for President Bush, I voted for President Clinton, and, although I do want my vote back, I voted for President Obama. – Gene Simmons
17. The only jobs kids have are to do well in school, to be charming and polite, and be thankful. That’s it. I’ll house you, protect you, I’ll even give my life for you, and in return, you will behave. – Gene Simmons
18. I like to approach every day like it’s the only day I will ever have. – Gene Simmons
19. I crave ideas, and when an idea hits me, it grips me and it tortures me until I master it. – Gene Simmons
20. I also learned that I love making money. Anyone who is not afraid of work will be happy with the money they make. – Gene Simmons
What interesting fact do you know about Gene Simmons? Share it with me in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.