Jim Morrison quotes have always been popular across the web. He is one of the most iconic and influential frontmen in rock music history. He is an American singer; songwriter and poet, best remembered as the lead vocalist of the rock band The Doors, shooting to prominence with, Light My Fire. Morrison recorded a total of six studio albums with the Doors, but his death severely affected the band’s fortunes, and they split up in 1973.
Morrison developed an alcohol addiction during the 1960s, which many times also affected his performances on stage. At the age of 27, he died unexpectedly in Paris. Before his death, Brian Jones, the Rolling Stones guitarist, Jim Hendrix, and Janis Joplin death was followed.
As no postmortem was performed, the cause of Morrison’s death remains unknown but since his death, his fame has endured as one of the popular culture’s most rebellious and oft-displayed icons, representing the generation gap and youth counterculture. Here are the best Jim Morrison Quotes that will change your life.
Jim Morrison On People
Jim Morrison at heart was lonely and find solace in his passion for writing poetry and music. He never had a good relationship with the people who surround him except for his bandmates. He belittled his father and once mentioned that he was molested by his relative in his teenage. Though he was troubled with the presence of human beings, he was by heart a generous man who was hurt on doubting the loyalty of his bandmates towards him.
1. I like people who shake other people up and make them feel uncomfortable. – Jim Morrison
2. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. – Jim Morrison
3. People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend- Jim Morrison
4. There are no laws, there are no rules, just grab your friend and love him. – Jim Morrison
5. I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft. – Jim Morrison
6. I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown. – Jim Morrison
7. We’re reaching for death on the end of a candle We’re trying for something that’s already found us – Jim Morrison
8. Love cannot save you from your own fate. – Jim Morrison
9. Man, I’m sick of doubt. – Jim Morrison
10. It may have been in pieces, but I gave you the best of me. – Jim Morrison Quotes
Jim Morrison On Media
Throughout his life, he was in trouble with the police. On December 9, 1967, Jim Morrison was arrested during his performance. He became the first musician to be arrested on stage. His rebellious attitude – going impatient with the audience, turning his back, raging, cursing and then coming back with enthusiasm, making his performance a great success. His words “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind,” is one of the famous and often repeated quotes.
12. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. – Jim Morrison
13. The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder. – Jim Morrison
14. I’ll never wake up in a good mood again. I’m tired of these stinky boots- Jim Morrison
15. Another flashing chance at bliss another kiss, another kiss. – Jim Morrison
16. I am troubled, immeasurably by your eyes. I am struck by the feather of your soft reply. The sound of glass speaks quick, disdain and conceals what your eyes fight to explain. – Jim Morrison
17. Where’s your will to be weird? – Jim Morrison
18. Actually I don’t remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs. – Jim Morrison
19. I’ve noticed that when people are joking they’re usually dead serious, and when they’re serious, they’re usually pretty funny. – Jim Morrison
Jim Morrison On Life
At the age of four, he witnessed a car accident where people were killed and injured. The reference to the same incident can be seen in his poems and songs, especially “Peace Frog”. Inspired by critics and philosophers, he was the follower of Friedrich Nietzsche’s concept of Apollonian and Dionysian.
20. Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts. – Jim Morrison
21. The future is uncertain but the end is always near. – Jim Morrison
22. Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. – Jim Morrison
23. I think the highest and lowest points are the important ones. Anything else is just…in between. – Jim Morrison
24. I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments. – Jim Morrison
25. There are things known and there are things unknown and in between are the doors – Jim Morrison
26. Drugs are a bet with your mind. – Jim Morrison
27. Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders round as ravens claws. – Jim Morrison
28. Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light? Or just another lost angel… City of Night? – Jim Morrison
29. Out here on the perimeter, there are no stars. Out here we are stoned. Immaculate. – Jim Morrison
Jim Morrison On Art
He always maintained notebooks where he used to write his lyrics and poems. His habit of writing every down in his diary, probably, the key to the best ever song written in the history of the music industry. The notebooks are the primary and chief source to find out Jim Morrison’s philosophy towards art and life.
30. Listen, real poetry doesn’t say anything; it just ticks off the possibilities. Opens all doors. You can walk through anyone that suits you. – Jim Morrison
31. Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. – Jim Morrison
32. No one here gets out alive. – Jim Morrison
33. Could any Hell be more horrible than now, and real? – Jim Morrison
34. Take it as it comes. – Jim Morrison
35. No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn. – Jim Morrison
36. People are strange . . . – Jim Morrison
Which one of the Jim Morrison quotes do you enjoy reading the most? Let me know in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.