Jimi Hendrix born as John Allen Hendrix on November 27, 1942, in Seattle Washington was without a doubt one of the most gifted musicians of his time. Jimi Hendrix quotes and thoughts too got popularity soon after his success. This self-trained guitarist whose swift engrossing style was suited perfectly for embracing and eventually revolutionizing the 60’s experimental rock movement. Jimi Hendrix always balanced his inspiring tone and felt with unparalleled songs. This also led to stability between traditional music with experimentation.
Even in his small career, he released three revolutionary albums that helped him with sadness and depression. He indeed was able to show the limitless depths of electric guitar with his mastery in studio and showmanship. In 1969 he dissolved his group to form a new one called Band of Gypsys that focused more on jazz and groove inspired areas of music. More than anything he was an artist with a vision and never took the more natural approach. Numerous recordings have been released years after his drug-related death at the age of 27 that preserves his legacy. Though he died very young, Jimi Hendrix quotes, ideas and songs made him immortal.
Jimi Hendrix And Guitar
Jimi Hendrix was known for his innovation, style, and skills. Though he was popular, he was not the best. Many people didn’t always want to listen to his music. In fact, Marty Friedman goes on to say for him that he would rather chew glass than listen to him. The uniqueness of Jimi Hendrix was that he was ahead of everyone in the music industry and knows what his audience wants.
1. I got a pet monkey called Charlie Chan. – Jimi Hendrix
2. Butterflies and zebras And moonbeams and fairy tales That’s all she ever thinks about Riding with the wind. – Jimi Hendrix
3. Knowledge is speaking, Wisdom is listening. – Jimi Hendrix
4. I’ve been imitated so well I’ve heard people copy my mistakes.– Jimi Hendrix
5. I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. – Jimi Hendrix
6. When I played God bless the queen, I was wondering if they were gonna dig us, then quite naturally I’d go on and try to get it together. – Jimi Hendrix
7. I have only one burning desire. Let me stand next to your fire. – Jimi Hendrix
8. All I’m gonna do is just go on and do what I feel. – Jimi Hendrix
9. Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar but if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded. – Jimi Hendrix
10. Excuse me while I kiss the sky. – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix And People
It was Chas Chandler who found the talent of Jimi Hendrix while he was playing at Greenwich Village in Manhattan, New York City. It was the year 1966. Chas Chandler collaborated with Jimi Hendrix, looked at his housing, expenses, food, and clothing. He held shows with Jimi Hendrix around London and within a short span, Jimi Hendrix was noticed by the music industry.
11. When I die, just keep playing the records. – Jimi Hendrix
12. It’s funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life. You have to die before they think you are worth anything. – Jimi Hendrix
13. It all has to come from inside, though, I guess. – Jimi Hendrix
14. I wish they’d had electric guitars in cotton fields back in the good old days. A whole lot of things would’ve been straightened out. – Jimi Hendrix
15. I have nothing to regret at all in the past, except that I might’ve unintentionally hurt somebody else or something. – Jimi Hendrix
16. The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.– Jimi Hendrix
17. Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced? – Jimi Hendrix
18. Even castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually. – Jimi Hendrix
19. Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction.– Jimi Hendrix
20. Every city in the world always has a gang, a street gang, or the so-called outcasts. – Jimi Hendrix
21. Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel. – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix Quotes On Life
His obsession for music led him to have battled with himself. He had a deep relation with music and to conquer it, he suffered mentally. Though he was one of the great masters in music, he was never satisfied with himself. This unquenchable thirst isolated him with the people. In just a short span of time, he released a number of albums which took him to the zenith of his career. Several people proclaim that he had never been in control while he was drunk and often became abusive. However, we are not sure of such occurrences.
22. Peace, Love, and Happiness. – Jimi Hendrix
23. Who are you to judge the life I live I know I’m not perfect and I don’t live to be. but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean. – Jimi Hendrix
24. When we go to play, you flip around and flash around and everything, and then they’re not gonna see nothin’ but what their eyes see. Forget about their ears. – Jimi Hendrix
25. In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first. – Jimi Hendrix
26. Music makes me high on stage, and that’s the truth. It’s like being almost addicted to music.
27. Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. – Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix Moments Playing Guitar With Teeth
Here is one of the best Jimi Hendrix video, playing “Purple Haze” with his teeth. Some of the quotes of Jimi Hendrix have been derived from this particular song. The lyrics of the song go like this:
Purple Haze was in my brain,
lately things don’t seem the same,
actin’ funny but I don’t know why
‘scuse me while I kiss the sky.
Purple Haze all around,
don’t know if I’m coming up or down.
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me.
Purple Haze was in my eyes,
don’t know if it’s day or night,
you’ve got me blowing,
blowing my mind is it tomorrow or just the end of time?
28. When things get too heavy, just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man.
29. Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours. – Jimi Hendrix
30. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven. – Jimi Hendrix
31. I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see. – Jimi Hendrix
32. There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke. – Jimi Hendrix
33. My goal is to be one with the music. I just dedicate my whole life to this art. – Jimi Hendrix
34. If I’m free, it’s because I’m always running. – Jimi Hendrix
35. When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix
36. The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye. The story of love is Hello and Goodbye. – Jimi Hendrix
37. Music is a safe kind of high. – Jimi Hendrix
Hope you enjoy reading Jimi Hendrix quotes. Let me know your favorite quote in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.