Martin Luther King Jr. famous for his speech had led zillions of people to establish equality among the citizens, irrespective of race and caste. Martin Luther King Jr quotes and thoughts are still inspiring us to lead a life of righteousness. Awarded as Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, he accomplished his mission to give equal rights to African Americans through the Civil Rights Movement.
Inspired by the philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi’s non-violence, he had brought transformation in the nation. Unfortunately, on April 4th 1968, he was shot dead in Tennessee. Though he is not with us today, his ideas and words are still remembered. I hope that the following enlightening Martin Luther King Jr quotes will encourage you to find your own purpose in life.
1. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
2. We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
3. Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true. – Strength to Love, 1963. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
4. Forgiveness is not an occasional habit, it is a permanent attitude – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
6. If you haven’t found something to live for you better find something to die for. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
7. Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, “Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
8. We must accept finite disappointment, but must never lose infinite hope. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
9. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
10. Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
11. Science investigates, religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power religion gives man wisdom which is control. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
12. I submit to you that if a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
13. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
14. The time is always right to do what is right. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
15. A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
16. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. ‘I Have A Dream’ Speech – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
17. It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
18. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
19. True peace is not merely the absence of tension, it is the presence of justice. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
20. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
21. We must use time creatively and forever realize that the time is always hope to do great things. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
22. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
23. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
24. The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: “If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?” But… the good Samaritan reversed the question: “If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
25. Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
26. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
27. At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
28. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Which one of the Martin Luther King Jr. quotes has inspired you the most? Share it with me in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.