Peter Drucker is famous for his entrepreneurship achievements. He is one of those phenomenal people who had pushed the field of management to a new and enlightening level. You cannot miss reading Peter Drucker quotes and philosophies if you want to understand the structure of modern business.
Known as the founder of modern management, Peter Drucker was famous for bringing out the concept of self-control and management by objectives. His theories on how human beings work across the different segments of the society made him one of the extraordinary thinkers on the field of management theory and practice. Founder of three management schools, Peter Drucker quotes and thoughts are still inspiring many students and professionals.
I hope the following Peter Drucker quotes tap the untapped wisdom within you.
1. Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing else can be managed. – Peter Drucker
2. Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality. – Peter Drucker
3. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes. – Peter Drucker
4. Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. – Peter Drucker
5. Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things. – Peter Drucker
6. Leadership is not magnetic personality that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not making friends and influencing people that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to higher sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations. – Peter Drucker
7. The better a man is, the more mistakes he will make, for the more new things he will try. I would never promote to a top-level job a man who was not making mistakes…otherwise he is sure to be mediocre. – Peter Drucker
8. Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans. – Peter Drucker
9. Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes. – Peter Drucker
10. Objectives are not fate; they are direction. They are not commands; they are commitments. They do not determine the future; they are means to mobilize the resources and energies of the business for the making of the future. – Peter Drucker
11. Making good decisions is a crucial skill at every level. – Peter Drucker
12. The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity. – Peter Drucker
13. Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action. – Peter Drucker
14. There is only one valid definition of a business purpose: to create a customer. – Peter Drucker
15. We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn. – Peter Drucker
16. A manager’s task is to make the strengths of people effective and their weakness irrelevant–and that applies fully as much to the manager’s boss as it applies to the manager’s subordinates. – Peter Drucker
Enjoy Reading The Post? Subscribe To The Weekly Newsletter To Get Motivation Directly In Your Inbox
17. Today knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement. – Peter Drucker
Which one of the Peter Drucker Quotes do you like the most? Let me know in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.