The famous character of Peter Pan or “The Boy Who Would Not Grow Up” is a play that was written in the year 1904 by Scottish playwright J.M. Barrie. Since then several people have enjoyed reading Peter Pan Quotes and movies. The original play consisted of three acts that were revised often. The classic five acts version got published in the year 1928. The eternal boy Peter pan does not want to grow up and lives in the imaginary island of Neverland and is the head of the lost boys. Wendy and her brothers accompany Peter on the journey of adventure.
Walt Disney had produced an eternally famous animated movie in the year 1953. The character of Peter was showcased more adorably mischievous than the selfish one from Barrie’s play. That’s why everyone enjoys reading Peter Pan quotes and ideas. There is another admired Broadway musical version that had starred Mary Martin as Peter Pan and was directed by Jarome Robins. The story implies that the young ones cannot be deceived and celebrates children in their rightness. To have a glimpse of the play, read the following Peter Pan quotes and enjoy the wisdom of a small, playful boy.
1. Fairies have to be one thing or the other, because being so small they unfortunately have room for one feeling only at a time. – Peter Pan
2. Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you’ll never, never have to worry about grown-up things again. – Peter Pan
3. Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting. – Peter Pan
4. You know that place between sleep and awake where you’re always dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting. – Peter Pan
5. Just think of happy things and your heart will fly on wings forever in never-never land. – Peter Pan
6. Can anything harm us, mother, after the night-lights are lit? – Peter Pan
7. “Would you like an adventure now,” he said casually to John, “or would you like to have your tea first? – Peter Pan
8. Wendy: Where do you live? Peter Pan: Second to the right, and then straight on till morning. – Peter Pan
9. Wait for me somewhere between reality and all we’ve ever dreamed. – Peter Pan
10. I’ll think of a mermaid lagoon underneath a magic moon. – Peter Pan
11. The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it. – Peter Pan
12. Don’t you understand? You mean more to me than anything in this whole world! – Peter Pan
13. Come with me where dreams are born and time is never planned. – Peter Pan
14. In time they could not even fly after their hats. Want of practice, they called it; but what it really meant was that they no longer believed. – Peter Pan
15. Nothing, precious,” she said; “they are the eyes a mother leaves behind her to guard her children.” – Peter Pan
16. I don’t want to go to school and learn solemn things. – Peter Pan
17. Never is an awfully long time. – Peter Pan
18. “Wendy,” he continued, in a voice that no woman has ever yet been able to resist, “Wendy, one girl is more use than twenty boys.” – Peter Pan
19. Think of all the joy you’ll find when you leave the world behind. – Peter Pan
20. The second star to the right, shines in the night for you, to tell you that the dreams you have really can come true. – Peter Pan
21. “Pan, who and what art thou?” he cried huskily. “I’m youth, I’m joy,” Peter answered at a venture, “I’m a little bird that has broken out of the egg.” – Peter Pan
Which one of the Peter Pan Quotes do you love reading the most and why? Share with me your views in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.