Last night, I was watching Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky Balboa, and the words delivered by a father to his son amazed me. The dialogue was powerful enough to empower anyone battling against hard times.
The movie was equally great and inspiring. Here is what we can all learn from the movie.
Rocky Balboa Speech – Let me tell you something you already know.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!” – Rocky
About Rocky Balboa
Rocky Balboa is the part of the Rocky series. The first film was accolade with an Academy Award in the year 1976. After thirty-years Rocky Balboa, the sixth in the series came out and was an instant hit.
The story revolved around the star Sylvester Stallone, featured as underdog boxer, Rocky Balboa. He is also running an Italian restaurant named Adrian. Burt Young, Antonio Tarver, Lou DiBella, Milo Ventimiglia was featured as Paulie, Mason, Dixon’s promoter and Robert respectively.
The movie was a success at the box office and grossed over $12,540,000 while the budget was $24 million. Sylvester Stallone’s performance has been acclaimed and reaped positive reviewed.
He was nominated for Best Actor, Best Original Screenplay and Academy Awards for the Rocky series, and accolade with his first Golden Globe Award for his role in film Creed, where he repeated the character of Rocky Balboa.
Inspirational Quotes From Rocky Balboa
1. Nobody owes nobody nothing. – Rocky Balboa
2. To beat me, he’s going to have to kill me. He’s gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me and to do that, he’s got to be willing to die himself. – Rocky Balboa
3. Time takes everybody out. Time is undefeated. – Rocky Balboa
4. If this is something you wanna do, and if this is something you gotta do, then you do it. Fighters fight. – Rocky Balboa
5. Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. That’s what makes all the difference in your life. – Rocky Balboa
6. I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but i succeed because I keep going, and going, and going! – Sylvester Stallone
7. Remember, the mind is your best muscle. Big arms can move rocks, but big words can move mountains. – Rocky Balboa
8. All I wanna do is go the distance. – Rocky Balboa
9. I stopped thinking about the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think. – Rocky Balboa
10. It Ain’t How Hard You Hit…It’s How Hard You Can Get Hit and Keep Moving Forward. It’s About How Much You Can Take And Keep Moving Forward! – Rocky Balboa
11. It’s your right to listen to your gut, it ain’t nobody’s right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do! – Rocky Balboa
12. Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up. – Rocky Balboa
13. You’re gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you’ve ever dreamed. But when it’s over, I know you’ll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it. – Rocky Balboa
14. Adrian: Rocky, why do you fight? Rocky Balboa: Because I can’t sing and dance. – Rocky Balboa
15. If I can change and you can change, everybody can change. – Rocky Balboa
Hope you love reading the Rocky Balboa speech and quotes. Let me know the most inspirational quote in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.