Rosa Parks, born in the year 1913, is one of the four Americans to receive “Lie in Honour” and the only woman to receive this highest honor of the US. She, throughout her life, remained focused on different types of activities and social reforms. Her major act was to fight for equality of complexion; however other social activities of her also remained. The Montgomery Bus Boycott, of which Rosa Parks was a part, was organized by Martin Luther King, Jr. This high-soul woman passed away in the year 2005, at the age of 92. Below we have compiled the bold words and Rosa Parks quotes to empower your life with truth and honesty.
31 Rosa Parks Quotes On Changing The Society And Living For What Is True
1. There is no future without education. – Rosa Parks
2. At the time I was arrested I had no idea it would turn into this. It was just a day like any other day. The only thing that made it significant was that the masses of the people joined in. – Rosa Parks
3. All I was doing was trying to get home from work. – Rosa Parks
4. I will always work for human rights for all people. – Rosa Parks
5. Without vision, people perish, and without courage and inspiration dreams die. – Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks Quotes From Interview
Here is one of the rarest interview with Rosa Parks. The interview can give you an idea of how racism was then and now, how far we have come today. Though there is a long journey yet to be covered to make the world free from racism. Through this interview, not only you will know about Rosa Parks quotes but also understand her underlying values and beliefs which made her the ‘Mother of The Civil Rights Moment’.
6. Whatever my individual desires were to be free, I was not alone. There were many others who felt the same way. – Rosa Parks
7. I was a person with dignity and self-respect, and I should not set my sights lower than anybody else just because I was black. – Rosa Parks
8. There is just so much hurt, disappointment, and oppression one can take. The line between reason and madness grows thinner. – Rosa Parks
9. I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free -so other people would be also free. – Rosa Parks
10. God has always given me the strength to say what is right. – Rosa Parks
11. To bring about change, you must not be afraid to take the first step. We will fail when we fail to try. – Rosa Parks
12. I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people. – Rosa Parks
13. Racism is till with us. But it is up to us to prepare our children for what they have to meet, and hopefully, we shall overcome. – Rosa Parks
14. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today’s mighty oak is yesterday’s nut that held its ground. – Rosa Parks
15. People need to free their minds of all racial prejudice. – Rosa Parks
16. I had given up my seat before, but this day, I was especially tired. Tired from my work as a seamstress, and tired from the ache in my heart. – Rosa Parks
17. Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others. – Rosa Parks
18. The bus was among the first ways I realized there was a black world and a white world. – Rosa Parks
19. I see the energy of young people as a real force for positive change. – Rosa Parks
20. Each person must live their life as a model for others. – Rosa Parks
21. I believe there is only one race – the human race. – Rosa Parks
22. What really matters is not whether we have problems, but we go through them. We must keep going on to make it through whatever we are facing. – Rosa Parks
23. I paid the same fare as others, and I felt violated. I was not going back. – Rosa Parks
24. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear. – Rosa Parks
25. I believe we are here on the planet earth to live, grow up and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom. – Rosa Parks
26. I’m tired of being treated like a second-class citizen. – Rosa Parks
27. You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right. – Rosa Parks
28. There was an opportunity for me to take a stand. – Rosa Parks
29. One person can change the world. – Rosa Parks
30. As far back as I can remember, I knew there was something wrong with our way of life when people could be mistreated because of the color of their skin. – Rosa Parks
31. I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move. – Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks Bus Incident
She is the most famous name in the “Montgomery Bus Boycott” that was based on racism. All of her civil rights movement gave are a name of “the mother of the freedom movement”. Later she was also renowned to be the ‘the first lady of civil rights”. She is such an important personality of the US that, her birthday February 4 is commemorated as Rosa Park Day.
The Rosa Parks Story
Hope you enjoyed reading Rosa Parks quotes. Let me know your favorite quote in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.