Susan Cain is a renowned American writer who was born in the American Continent in the year 1968. Apart from being a writer, Susan is also recognized as a legendary lecturer and speaker due to her persona of presenting things with a different and unique vision. She writes in different genres which catches the eyes of millions of hearts. The major genres of her writing interests include Success, Management, Education, Psychology, Interpersonal Relations etc. Most of the Susan Cain quotes have been derived from her books.
Undoubtedly, this woman has been a well-known face amongst the book writers and has published a tremendous range of excellent works but one of her works which received an extraordinary response is ‘Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking’. The non-fiction book was released in 2012 which highlighted the modern-western culture that hinders the Introverts in different areas. The book was followed by another edition called ‘Quiet Power: The Secret Strengths of Introverts’ which received a remarkable response from the readers. Here are the best Susan Cain quotes that every introvert should read.
1. Introverts need to trust their gut and share their ideas as powerfully as they can. – Susan Cain
2. Introversion- along with its cousins sensitivity, seriousness, and shyness- is now a second-class personality trait, somewhere between a disappointment and a pathology. – Susan Cain
3. Introverts prefer to devote their social energies to close friends, colleagues, and family. They listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation. – Susan Cain
4. Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to. – Susan Cain
5. Introverts think before they act, digest information thoroughly, stay on a goal longer, give up less easily, and work more accurately. – Susan Cain
6. Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured. – Susan Cain
7. Shyness is the fear of social disapproval or humiliation, while introversion is a preference for environments that are not overstimulating. Shyness is inherently painful; introversion is not. – Susan Cain
8. Introverts are capable of acting like extroverts for the sake of work they consider important, people they love, or anything they value highly. – Susan Cain
9. Introverts, in contrast, may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas. – Susan Cain
10. The New Groupthink elevates teamwork above all else. It insists that creativity and intellectual achievement come from a gregarious place. – Susan Cain
11. We have two ears and one mouth and we should use them proportionally. – Susan Cain
12. Everyone shines, given the right lighting. – Susan Cain
13. Love is essential, gregariousness is optional. – Susan Cain
14. Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured. – Susan Cain
15. Or maybe there’s another word for such people: thinkers. – Susan Cain
16. There’s zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas. – Susan Cain
17. Solitude matters, and for some people, it’s the air they breathe. – Susan Cain
18. The purpose of school should be to prepare kids for the rest of their lives, but too often what kids need to be prepared for is surviving the school day itself. – Susan Cain
19. We don’t need giant personalities to transform companies. We need leaders who build not their own egos but the institutions they run. – Susan Cain
Which one of the Susan Cain quotes do you enjoy reading the most? Share your views in the comments below.