The French writer and philosopher Voltaire was born on November 21st in 1694. He was majorly known for his flair of writing that was witty and defended social liberties, and thus Voltaire quotes have always remained popular on the web. Voltaire encouraged religious and political freedom and played a massive role in enlightening people in the 18-century era. The prolific writer in his lifetime wrote over twenty thousand letters and two thousand books. Even after understanding the risks involved with breaking censorship laws he continued to write questioning the organizations.
He was said to in favor of religious tolerance yet at times he was critical towards Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. He spent three years of his life in exile for his argument with the Chevalier de Rohan. Some of his greatest plays included Zaire, Mariamne that were dramatic tragedies. At the age of 83 he died on May 30, 1778, and as he had criticized Christianity throughout his life, he was denied of Christian burial. Here are the best Voltaire Quotes that will change your life whole around.
1. It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. – Voltaire
2. The more you read without thinking, the more you think you know a lot but the more you meditate, the more you see that you know very little. – Voltaire
3. Paradise is where I am. – Voltaire
4. Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. – Voltaire
5. Injustice, in the end, produces independence. – Voltaire
6. Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. – Voltaire
7. I’ve decided to be happy because it is good for my health. – Voltaire
8. Love is the most powerful of all passions. – Voltaire
9. We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies. – Voltaire
10. It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong. – Voltaire
11. Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable. For my part, I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste. – Voltaire
12. If you want to know who controls you, look at who you are not allowed to criticize. – Voltaire Quotes
13. The pursuit of what is true and the practice of what is good are the two most important objects of philosophy. – Voltaire
14. A long dispute means that both parties are wrong. – Voltaire
15. The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood. – Voltaire
Enjoy Reading The Post? Subscribe To The Weekly Newsletter To Get Motivation Directly In Your Inbox
16. Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. – Voltaire
17. Common sense is not so common. – Voltaire
18. Every man is guilty of all the good he didn’t do. – Voltaire
19. The biggest reward for a thing well done is to have done it. – Voltaire
20. Is there anyone so wise as to learn by the experience of others? – Voltaire
21. Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable. – Voltaire
22. When it comes to money, everybody is of the same religion. – Voltaire
23. Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination. – Voltaire
24. Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. – Voltaire
25. Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us. – Voltaire
26. Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers. – Voltaire
27. Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need. – Voltaire
Which one of the Voltaire Quotes do you enjoy reading the most? Share with me below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.