Most of the Watchman Nee quotes mentioned in the post are taken from the books that he wrote as a Chinese Church leader. Over thirty years of his ministry, Watchman Nee has written many books and promoted Communism throughout China. He spread the biblical messages and developed faith in millions of students and workers. As the follower of the Communist Revolution, Watchman Nee was imprisoned for twenty years and then later prosecuted for his belief.
Watchman Nee quotes, ideas and life itself a great message for our generation. Making the whole population to believe in one’s own ideas could be done by a spiritual and intellectual giant. The sacrifices Nee didn’t go in vain and China established communism. Here are some of the best Watchman Nee Quotes to help you build faith in life.
28 Watchman Nee Quotes
1. Faith looks not at what happens to him but at Him Whom he believes. – Watchman Nee
2. It is a fact that the Lord Jesus has already died for you. It is also a fact that you have already died with the Lord Jesus. If you do not believe in your death with Christ, you will not be able to receive the effectiveness of death with Him – freedom from sin. – Watchman Nee
3. He who is able to accept everything gladly from the Lord – including darkness, dryness, flatness – and completely disregard self is he who lives for Him. – Watchman Nee
4. God gives His Own Self totally to us that we may offer ourselves completely to Him. – Watchman Nee
5. Countless are those saints who daily walk by their head and heart. In service, we still attempt to move people’s mind, emotion and will by our intellect, zeal, and effort. – Watchman Nee
6. A Christian ought to realize what the weights laid on his spirit are. If he encounters it in the morning and does not deal with it at once, he experiences defeat the whole day long. – Watchman Nee
7. In saving the world, therefore, He does not try to alter man’s flesh; He instead gives a man a new life in order to help put it to death. The flesh must die. This is salvation. – Watchman Nee
8. A born-again person ought to possess unspeakable peace in the spirit. – Watchman Nee
9. Do not be taken in or flattered by your own success or fame. Take not only as to whether or not the old creation, including everything which comes by birth, has gone through the cross. – Watchman Nee
10. What we henceforth hate is our life; what we wholly love is the Lord. Such persons cannot but utter the cry of Mary: “My soul magnifies the Lord” (Luke 1:46). No longer is there self-importance, either in public or in private. – Watchman Nee
11. He can only keep those who have handed themselves over to Him. – Watchman Nee
12. Prayer is the acid test of the inner man’s strength. A strong spirit is capable of praying much and praying with all perseverance until the answer comes. A weak one grows weary and fainthearted in the maintenance of praying. – Watchman Nee
13. The particular sin of omission which gives ground to the evil spirits is the believer’s passivity. – Watchman Nee
14. The greatest negative in the universe is the Cross, for with it God wiped out everything that was not of Himself: the greatest positive in the universe is the resurrection, for through it God brought into being all. – Watchman Nee
15. God has supplied all my needs and has not failed me once. – Watchman Nee
16. The indwelling Spirit shall teach him what is of God and what is not. This is why sometimes we can conjure up no logical reason for opposing certain teaching, yet in the very depth of our being arisen a resistance. – Watchman Nee
17. God does not will He should follow what man has initiated. Other than following God’s direction, we have no right to direct Him. We have no ability to offer savings to obey God’s guidance. – Watchman Nee
18. Prayer is work. The experiences of many children of God demonstrate that it accomplishes far more than does any other form of work. It is also warfare, for it is one of the weapons in fighting the enemy. However, the only prayer in the spirit is genuinely effectual. – Watchman Nee
19. The cares of this life emerge as very small items indeed along our daily path. – Watchman Nee
20. But when the cross is working deeply a believer comes to know himself. He realizes how undependable are his ideas, feelings and desires. – Watchman Nee
21. Sometimes the joy which floods the soul overflows into the spirit, inducing the believer to think he is the happiest person in the world; at other times sorrow pervades and he becomes the most unhappy person. A soulish Christian frequently encounters such experiences. – Watchman Nee
Walk In Spirit – Cross and Soul Life by Watchman Nee
Here is an inspirational message from Watchman Nee to never lose hope in life.
22. To keep our hand on the plow while wiping away our tears — THAT is Christianity! – Watchman Nee
23. If one’s conscience is willing to confess whatever sins have been committed, including the sin of unbelief, it will be sorrowful in a godly way, earnestly desiring the mercy of God. – Watchman Nee
24. God’s pleasure or displeasure is not founded upon the principle of good and evil. Rather, God traces the source of all things. An action may be quite correct, yet God inquires, what is its origin? – Watchman Nee
25. True humility is able to look at God and proceed on. – Watchman Nee
26. Naturally, there are many reasons for not possessing greater faith, but the gravest of these is probably an evil conscience. A good conscience is inseparable from great faith. – Watchman Nee
27. Spiritual sensing is usually made known through the feeling of quiet and pliable emotion. If emotion is pliably subject to the spirit the latter, through the emotion, will love or hate exactly as God wishes. – Watchman Nee
28. A spiritual Christian should welcome any burden which the Lord brings his way. – Watchman Nee
Watchman Nee Books And Quotes
Though not much of the information is available on the internet about Watchman Nee, you can still learn more about ideas and philosophies of the unsung hero through the books. Here is the list of twenty-one books that Watchman Nee wrote and published in his lifetime.
- God Loves the World
- Why Good Men Go to Hell
- Christ as the Manifestation of God
- The Suffering of the Cross
- A Rich Man Perished (Luke 16:19-31)
- The Passover
- For What Did He Come?
- The Robber Saved (Luke 23:39-43)
- The Salvation of the Adulterous Woman (John 4:1-15, 28-29)
- There Is God
- The Paths to Hell (1, 2, 3 )
- God Is Willing
- Christ and Christianity
- Do You Know That You Are Saved
- Christ as the New Life
- Christ and the Christian
- Assurance of Salvation
- Can Morality Save Us
Hope you enjoy reading the Watchman Nee Quotes. Let me know your favorite one in the comments below.
Nakul Grover, author of Superhuman In You and the one who runs this blog. He has been writing on self-improvement since 2014. Featured on various websites, his works have helped thousands of people to live an extraordinary life. He loves spending his leisure hours in reading books and learning new skills.